Show Easy Read
- The following information describes the route from Rotherham Bus Interchange to Rotherham Minster.
- The approximate distance of this route is 300m.
- The route takes approximately 5-10 minutes.
- The route leads across Frederick Street, up Bridgegate, onto Upper Millgate then up Church Street to the church.
- The majority of paths along the route are block paving or concrete slabs with moderate and some steep gradients.
- There is parking located in the Bus Interchange car park with level access via a lift to the Bus Interchange.
- The potential hazards on this route include; busy roads, crossing points and congested pathways.
Starting Point - Rotherham Interchange
- Accessible toilets are available within the interchange.
- There is step free access along the interchange platforms.
- There is step free access when exiting the interchange.
- Car parking facilities are available with level access via a lift to the interchange.
- For more information about (Rotherham Interchange) please click here(opens in new tab).
Frederick Street to Bridgegate
- As you exit the Interchange from the West - A1 Entrance there is a pedestrian crossing immediately in front of you.
- This crossing point consists of three road crossings, including the bus station slip road and Frederick Street.
- Each crossing has tactile paving to either side.
- The first crossing has black and white road markings
- At the first crossing point traffic is coming from both sides.
- Once across the first crossing turn left to cross the second and third crossing.
- At the second crossing point traffic is coming from your right.
- At the third crossing point traffic is coming from your left.
- There is step free access throughout this part of the route.
- After completing the third crossing go straight ahead onto Bridgegate.
- Follow Bridgegate for approximately 30m until you reach the dropped kerb.
- There is a slight downward gradient in the path and the surface is made of concrete slabs.
- At the dropped curb cross the road on the left and proceed up Bridgegate for 40m past the bollards.
- The road now becomes pedestrianised and the surface changes from concrete slabs to block paving.
- There is a moderate gradient in the path.
Bridgegate to Upper Millgate
- As you approach the church at the top follow the road round to the right, this is Upper Millgate.
Upper Millgate to Church Street to Rotherham Minster
- On Upper Millgate the gradient becomes steep.
- Proceed for 15m and turn left onto Church Street.
- Proceed up Church Street for 30m past the church steps on your left.
- Once past the steps turn right to double back.
- There is level access to the main entrance ahead of you.