Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include a café, multipurpose room (first floor) and shared workspace (second floor).
- The artFix café welcomes people to use the café area as informal workspace. There will often be one or more artists at work.
- The room on the first floor is used for creative arts workshops, exhibitions and classes such as yoga and is also available to hire.
- On the second floor is an open plan office with coworking desk space available to hire.
- Please contact the venue or visit the website for details of the event timetable.
- Monday 08:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 19:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 19:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 19:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 18:00.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The nearest underground station is North Greenwich.
- The nearest DLR station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Calderwood Street Multi-Storey Car Park.
- The car park is located on Calderwood Street, with the entrance on Monk Street.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Nearby supermarkets such as Lidl (Macbean Street) and Tesco (Grand Depot Road) have large car parks which may be used subject to charges or purchases. There is also a pay and display car park in Powis Street, about 400m away.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the café.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Photographs 2 and 3 show the multipurpose room on the first floor.
- Photograph 4 shows the workspace on the second floor.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- The café is located on the ground floor, ahead from the main entrance.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 69cm (2ft 3in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1 and 2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are standard toilets, multipurpose room and workspace.
- Photographs 1 and 2 show the stairs from ground to first floor.
- These are clearly marked and have handrails to both sides.
- On the first floor there are 2 further steps down, without handrails, to the standard toilets (shown in photograph 3).
- The stairs from the first to second floor are not clearly marked and do not have handrails (shown in photograph 4).
- There are winding steps at the top and bottom of these stairs.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the standard toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.