- Services / facilities within the grounds include a winter garden, team changing rooms, cafe, cricket and football pitches, multi-use games area, playground and outdoor gym.
- At the time of the survey (February 2018) the winter garden was closed for major repairs which were expected to take at least six months.
- Greenwich University was also planning to move out of its campus on-site in summer 2018 and parts of the park may be affected as the site is redeveloped.
- The venue is open from dawn til dusk.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Falconwood.
- The nearest underground station is North Greenwich.
- The nearest DLR station is Elverson Road.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is free, but often full on weekdays.
- The car park is located off Reinickendorf Avenue, to the left.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 480cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge bays are to the left from the driveway (photographs 1 - 3).
- There are some steep slopes in other parts of this car park.
- There is an entrance between the Blue Badge bays which gives step-free access into the terrace gardens, but there is no step-free access into any other parts of the park from this route.
- Step-free access into the park is from the main driveway (photograph 4).
Outside Access (Car Park Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off the driveway from Reinickendorf Avenue off Bexley Road.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located on the pathway leading from the car park to the park entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There are 90cm high bollards at this entrance which are a minimum of 94cm apart.
Outside Access (Avery Hill Road Gates)
- This information is for the entrance located on Avery Hill Road.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- This gate has a sliding bolt.
- There is unrestricted on-street parking on Avery Hill Road near this gate.
- There is also a gate, 140cm in width, that is held open next to East Lodge which is on Avery Hill Road but near the junction with Bexley Road.
- It is not possible to park in this area.
- The park is crossed by other footpaths, including the Green Chain Walk and Capital Ring and there are other entrances from these routes such as from Butterfly Lane in the north or Sparrows Lane in the south.
- These entrances do not have gates but connect with unmade paths.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth and tarmac surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are slight and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are some bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- Some of the easy slopes are very long and without level resting places.
- Photographs 4 and 5 shows the children's playground, which is near the café.
- It is enclosed by a low fence with wide gates.
- There are some uneven surfaces within the playground and some equipment is surrounded by grass.
- Photographs 6 , 7 and 8 show the inclusive roundabout.
- Photograph 9 shows the outdoor gym equipment which can be reached by a tarmac path from the playground.
- Photograph 10 shows the team changing pavilion which is open for matches at the weekend and was not surveyed.
- The path to the left of the building leads to the multi-use court (photographs 11 and 12).
- There are table tennis tables and a chess board table next to the café and playground (photograph 13).
Outside Access (Cafeteria Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the cafeteria, on the same side as the toilets.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single (with a locked extension leaf).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
Eating and Drinking (Cafeteria)
- The following information is for the café.
- The café is located next to the playground and the changing pavilion, about 150m from the car parks.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the rear entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 72cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The seating outside the café is in two enclosures for those with or without dogs.
Level Change (Approach to Winter Garden)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope gradient is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the winter garden, next to the slope.
- There is/are 5 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There are similar slopes and steps at each end of the terrace.
- The Winter Garden can also be approached from a series of steps leading up from the terrace garden (photographs 4 and 5) but these are not bypassed by any ramps/slopes.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 150m (164yd 2in) from the car park.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the cafeteria building. There are two toilets in this location. The right hand toilet is signed as accessible; whereas the toilet with the left hand transfer is signed as a standard toilet.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are low to moderate.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the left hand accessible / shared toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- Photographs 2 and 3 show the left hand accessible toilet (signed as the shared toilet) and the baby change facilties.
- At the time of our visit, the right hand toilet was partly restricted by a sign belonging to the café stored inside.
- The toilets are open the same hours as the café.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The accesible toilets at the café are for the use of all park visitors.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located within the park, off the main paths.
- Emergency defibrillator equipment is kept at the café.