Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the grounds include grass tennis courts, grass football pitches, grass 5 a side pitch, floodlit all-weather tennis courts, café, outdoor gym, playground, enclosed picnic area, table tennis tables.
- Related link Eltham Park North.
- Related link Oxleas Woods.
- Related link Avery Hill Park.
- This is a large park divided into north and south areas.
- It is crossed by the railway line and A2 road.
- The areas are connected by a footbridge in the middle of the park.
- The southern section is accessed from Glenesk Road.
- All the facilities are in this section.
- The northern section is accessed from Rochester Way. It includes Shepherdleas Woods and a pond.
- The park is on the route of the Green Chain Walk.
- It connects with Oxleas Woods to the north and Avery Hill Park to the south.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The park is mainly unfenced and there is free access.
- There is no street lighting in the park.
- This venue is situated in Greenwich.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Falconwood.
- Bus routes are on Bexley Road, Rochester Way and Riefield Road.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park is off Glenesk Road, opposite Glenlea Road.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park barrier is locked at dusk.
- This can vary from 16:00 in winter to 20:00 in summer.
- Please see signs in the car park for details.
- There is unrestricted on-street parking in Rochester Way, Eltham Park Gardens and Glenesk Road.
- Picture 3 shows Glenesk Road.
Access From Glenesk Road
- The park boundary on Glenesk Road is unfenced.
- There is free access onto the grassed areas.
- There are two main tarmac paths into the park.
- The paths are generally wide, smooth and level or with easy slopes.
- The path nearest to the playground has a small area of uneven crazy paving where it meets the pavement.
Access From Eltham Park Gardens
- This entrance is at the end of Eltham Park Gardens (cul-de-sac) off Glenesk Road, north of the A2.
- It leads to the northern section of the park.
- There are two pedestrian entrances off this road.
- Each one has a kissing gate.
- The minimum width is at least 90cm.
- The right hand gate also has a Radar key padlock to open the front gate for easier access (clear opening 100cm).
- There is an area of cobbled paving in front of this gate.
- The right hand gate leads to a steep path.
- There are very uneven surfaces in front of and within the enclosure of the left hand kissing gate.
- There are some moderate slopes on the paths in this area.
- The tarmac paths continue from this entrance to the pond.
- Paths after the pond towards the footbridge are level but unmade.
- Near the A2 the path to the footbridge is unmade.
Access from Rochester Way
- The boundary on Rochester Way is mainly unfenced with free access into Shepherdleas Woods.
- There are several signposted footpaths into the woods.
- There is a tarmac path from the pavement to the edge of the woods.
- In the woods the paths are unmade with some moderate and steep slopes.
- Paths are uneven and often muddy.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Paths in the south section of the park are generally wide, smooth tarmac.
- Paths are level or with easy slopes.
- In the wooded sections to the north paths are unmade and sometimes uneven.
- The footbridge linking the two areas is wide with an easy slope.
- There is also a surfaced path running parallel with the A2.
- This connects with Riefield Lane near the station.
- There is an outdoor gym area near to the playground.
Eating and Drinking (Eltham Park South Cafe)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The cafe is a kiosk with the counter facing the grassed picnic bench area.
- There is a separate club room behind the cafe which provides indoor seating.
- This room can be reserved for private functions where the cafe provides the catering.
- The tables and chairs are not fixed.
- Tables are 70cm high.
- All the chairs have armrests.
- There is a television on in this room.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
Outside Access (Cafe Club Room)
- This information is for the entrance located in the courtyard at the rear of the cafe building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- There is also a small enclosed grassed area with picnic benches linked to the club house building.
- The playground is located near Glenesk Road and the car park.
- Entrance from the paths is by a heavy inward opening gate.
- The gate is 100cm wide.
- There are other entrance gates from the grassed areas.
- The playground is generally level or with easy slopes.
- There are some uneven areas where the tarmac joins the rubber safeplay surface.
- Equipment includes a level access roundabout.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located at the rear of the café pavilion.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the door threshold.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- There is a further shallow, unmarked step up into the toilet cubicles.
- There are benches located next to the paths in the park and in the playground.
- There is also a fenced picnic area with benches set on grass near to the playground.
- Dogs (other than assistance dogs) are not permitted in the playground or enclosed picnic area.
- The all-weather tennis courts and the table tennis table are located near to the cafe building and toilets.
- These are approximately 250m from Glenesk Road.