- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is a bus station immediately in front of the rail station building.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the rear (east) of the station building, via Glenlea Path.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 8 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the car park entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 33m (36yd 3in) from the car park entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac and block paving.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 210cm (6ft 11in).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge bays are next to the station building, separate from the main car park.
- There is no height restriction on the Blue Badge bays.
Outside Access (Car Park Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear (east) side of the station building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 155cm (5ft 1in).
Outside Access (Bus Station Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the west side of the venue, facing the bus station.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There are generally 2 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is an office to obtain help.
- The station is not staffed between 20:00 - 06:00.
- The office to obtain help is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This office is located off the foyer, near to the ticket barriers.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is located off the main foyer.
- The ticket office is 13m (14yd 8in) from the entrances.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Southeastern Railway.
- There is a taxi rank at the station.
- The taxi rank is located to the right of the bus station entrance (shown in photograph 1).
- The taxi rank is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the bus station entrance.
- Shops and services within the station include Cafe BeeZoo kiosk and Eltham Times newsagents.
- All key concourse shops and services have level access.
- There are 2 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by ramp / slope is / are 1 and 2.
- The platform(s) which can be accessed by either level access / ramps / lifts / stairclimber from inside the station is / are 1 and 2.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are available to access platforms.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are located on the main station concourse.
- There is a wheelchair available to borrow.
- To borrow a wheelchair, please ask at the ticket office.
- For services on both platforms there is a step up between the platform and the train.
- Staff will operate a portable ramp to overcome the step and telephone the arrival station to arrange for the passenger to be met with the ramp.
- Pre-booking is preferred at times when the station is staffed.
- Booking is essential at times when the station would not normally be staffed as arrangements have to be made for the train driver to operate the ramps or staff to attend from another station.
- There are push button help points with hearing loops on both platforms.
- There are sheltered bench seats with armrests on both platforms.
Level Change (Platforms)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading up to each of the platforms.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located at the end of the subway, leading to platform 2.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramps are very long and do not have any level resting places.
Opening Times (Toilets)
- Monday 06:10 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 06:10 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 06:10 - 19:00.
- Thursday 06:10 - 19:00.
- Friday 06:10 - 19:00.
- Saturday 06:10 - 18:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text, Braille, pictorial and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the entrances.
- This accessible toilet is located behind the ticket office, after the ticket barriers.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 300cm (4ft 11in x 9ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located beyond the ticket barriers.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 30m (32yd 2ft) from the entrances.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the standard female toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 92cm (3ft).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the forecourt or car park.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- The photographs show the approach to the station through the bus station from Well Hall Road.
- There are some long steep slopes on this route.