- Related link TFL Emirates Air Line Site.
- Related link Emirates Air Line (Cable Car) Royal Docks.
- The Emirates Air Line cable car crosses the river Thames from North Greenwich to Royal Docks in Newham.
- The Royal Docks terminal is identical to the Greenwich building.
- Before 09:00 the journey takes 5 minutes.
- After 09:00 the journey is slowed to 10 minutes to increase viewing time.
- During the Winter timetable (October - March) the cable car and ticket office close an hour earlier every day.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Greenwich Peninsula.
- The venue is not in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Westcombe Park / Charlton.
- The nearest underground station is North Greenwich (Jubilee Line ).
- The venue is also close to North Greenwich Pier for river services.
Opening Times (Summer Opening Hours -1 April - 30 September)
- Monday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 21:00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is O2 car parks 3 and 4.
- The car park is located opposite the venue.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Public Car Parks.
- Car park websitehttp://www.theo2.co.uk/visit-us/parking.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
Counter (Ticket Office)
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- There is not a lowered section.
- The height of the counter is medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- The ticket office is on the outside of the building, before the building entrance.
- When the ticket office is closed, tickets can be purchased from the self service machines and staff are available to assist.
- Oyster cards are accepted on the cable car.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 300cm (9ft 10in) wide.
- After the entrance there are automatic ticket barriers.
- All the barriers are 100cm wide.
- A member of staff is always available to assist.
Level Change (Access to Boarding Platform)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the left after the ticket barriers.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a standard and / or platform lift to access this service.
- The lift does bypass the steps.
- There are identical stairs from the platform to exit the building.
Lift (Access to Boarding Platform)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left after the ticket barriers.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-Platform.
- The lift is 3m (3yd 10in) from the ticket barriers.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 95cm x 200cm (3ft 1in x 6ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is an identical lift on the oppside of the building for passengers leaving the building.
Inside Access (Platform)
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is seating with armrests available on the platform.
Access to Cable Car Cabin
- From the boarding platform there is level access into the cable car cabin.
- The cabin doors open automatically to 78cm wide.
- Cabins arrive every 30 seconds.
- The cabins can be slowed to creep speed or totally stopped to enable passengers with mobility difficulties to board.
- Each cabin can hold up to 10 passengers.
- The seats on each side can be folded up to accommodate wheelchairs, mobility scooters, cycles and large pushchairs.
- There is a maximum 2 wheelchairs per cabin depending on size.
- The maximum weight of each wheelchair / mobility scooter and user is 300kg.
- The maximum size of wheelchair / mobility scooter is 70 x 130 cm.
- There are markings on the paving outside the ticket office where sizes can be checked.
- Unless both seats are folded, most wheelchair / scooter users will need to reverse in or out of the cabin.
- Staff are available at all times to assist customers with boarding.
- There is a procedure to automatically alert staff at the other terminal to passengers who will require assistance to disembark.
- There is an intercom in each cabin linked to the control room.
- An audio-visual commentary plays in each cabin.
- This can be turned off by staff before departure if not required.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The nearest accessible toilets are in North Greenwich Station or the restaurants and attractions at the O2.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.