- Services / facilities within the building include a gym, chill-out area, multipurpose room, computer area, music room, teaching kitchen, art room and staff offices.
- Some areas are used for sports courses, the Youth Achievement Foundation and by an after school club.
- Please see the website for details of the regular programme.
- There are sessions for different age groups.
- Monday 16:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 16:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 16:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 16:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 16:00 - 21:00.
- Saturday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Thamesmead.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Abbey Wood.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park entrance is on Oriole Way.
- The car park is unlocked when the centre is in use.
- It may be locked for a short time when the nearby school opens and closes.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The main stairs are in the centre of the building.
- These stairs are overcome by the lift.
- There is also a spiral staircase from the rear room to one of the two computer areas.
- This room cannot be reached by lift.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located off the rear room.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G - 1.
- The lift is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 145cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 9in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is low.
- At the ground floor level there is a short moderate ramp to enter the lift.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located within the male and female standard toilets. The toilet described is the male toilet.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from staff.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 300cm x 180cm (9ft 10in x 5ft 11in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 200cm (6ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are poor.
- The female accessible toilet is 180 x 200 cm.
- It does not have a drop down rail.
- At the time of our visit (March 2014) the female toilet was out of use awaiting repair.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the right, near the central staircase.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The pictures show one of the computer areas and the art room.