- Services / facilities within the grounds include 2 tennis courts, a playground and a ball court.
- Maryon Park is a large park on the route of the Green Chain Walk and Capital Ring walking paths.
- The routes link the park with adjoining Maryon Wilson Park and the nearby Thames Barrier.
- The park is bounded by the A206 Woolwich Road to the north, Maryon Road to the east and Thorntree Road to the south.
- The park was originally a sand quarry and there is a major change in level between the north and south sides.
- The northern part of the park is accessible to visitors with mobility difficulties.
- The information in this section was taken in October 2021.
- There is not a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is not clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Toilets are available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- The park is generally open from dawn to dusk.
- When other gates have been locked, there is always an exit from the park via the turnstile on Maryon Road.
- There is not street lighting in the park.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Woolwich Dockyard.
- There are bus routes on Woolwich Road and Thorntree Road.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 170cm x 500cm (5ft 7in x 16ft 5in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located in Clevely Close.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is one on-street Blue Badge parking bay near to the Cleveley Close entrance.
- There are standard on-street parking bays in Thorntree Road.
- There is unrestricted on-street parking in Maryon Road.
Maryon Road Entrance
- The main vehicle and pedestrian access to the park is on Maryon Road.
- There is an additional pedestrian gate 90cm wide to the right.
- From these gates there are easy slopes on the paths towards the central area of the park.
- The paths towards Woolwich Road have steep slopes.
Woolwich Road Entrances
- The entrance in photographs 1 and 2 is on Woolwich Road, opposite Eastmoor Street.
- There are several similar entrances on this road.
- Woolwich Road is a busy dual carriageway.
- Parking is not possible in this area.
- There are bus stops and a pedestrian crossing close to this gate.
- The gates are 120cm wide and held open.
- There are cobbles in the area of the gate.
- From these entrances there are long steep slopes on the paths into the park.
- After one entrance there are 4 medium unmarked steps.
- These are overcome by a slope.
- The slopes and steps do not have handrails.
Thorntree Road Entrance
- Thorntree Road is a steep hill.
- The main entrance from Thorntree Road is opposite Kinveachy Gardens.
- The tarmac path leads to a flight of 50+ unmarked medium steps.
- After these steps, the path splits to a further 50+ steps or a very long path with a steep slope.
- There are handrails to the right side or both sides of the steps going up.
- The Green Chain Walk path from Thorntree Road is an unmade path.
- It links up with the main route before the stairs.
- There is a further entrance near Pound Park Road.
- This area is known as Gilbert's Pit.
- There is a barrier at this entrance which is 48cm wide.
- The unmade path from this entrance includes steep slopes and steps.
- It bypasses most of Maryon Park and joins up with the paths near Woolwich Road.
Cleveley Close Entrance
- This gate is located at the end of Cleveley Close.
- The 150cm wide gate is held open.
- There are steep slopes after the gate into the park.
Parks and Gardens
- The path(s) has a / have tarmac and concrete surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are slight and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- Within the northern area of the park, near the toilets and tennis courts, the tarmac paths generally have easy slopes.
- There are some steep slopes on the route to the playground and ball court.
- There are benches placed at frequent intervals next to the tarmac paths.
Playground and Ball Court
- The playground is located close to the entrance from Woolwich Road.
- The entrance has a heavy outward opening gate 97cm wide.
- There is a steep slope in front of the gate with no level landing.
- There is a similar gate directly from the path to the ball play area.
- From the play area there are 4 shallow unmarked steps up to a grassed picnic bench area.
- There are steep ramps across the playground.
- There is also a steep ramp between the playground and ball play area.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the toilet block to the left after the vehicle entrance.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the car park area.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels in the female toilets are moderate to good.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right hand side of the toilet block.
- The male toilet(s) is/are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the car park area.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the male toilet(s).
- Lighting levels in the male toilets are moderate to good.
- The female toilet has a white door which is not signed.
- The entrance is on the right after the double gates to the service yard.
- The path is narrow and uneven.
Level Change (Male Standard Toilets)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading from the car park area to the toilet.
- The ramp/slope gradient is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located inside the toilet, leading to the cubicles and urinals.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are low to moderate.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).