- Services / facilities within the grounds include 2 tennis courts, playground and a ball court.
- Related link Maryon Wilson Park.
- Maryon Park is a large park on the route of the Green Chain Walk and Capital Ring walking paths.
- The routes link the park with adjoining Maryon Wilson Park and the nearby Thames Barrier.
- The park is bounded by the A206 Woolwich Road to the north, Maryon Road to the east and Thorntree Road to the south.
- The park was originally a sand quarry and there is a major change in level between the north and south sides.
- The northern part of the park is accessible to visitors with mobility difficulties.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- The park is generally open from dawn to dusk.
- When other gates have been locked, there is always an exit from the park via the turnstile on Maryon Road.
- There is not street lighting in the park.
- This venue is situated in Charlton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Woolwich Dockyard.
- There are bus routes on Woolwich Road and Thorntree Road.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park is off Maryon Road.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is one on-street Blue Badge parking bay near to the Cleveley Close entrance.
- There are standard on-street parking bays in Thorntree Road.
- There is unrestricted on-street parking in Maryon Road.
Maryon Road Entrance
- The main vehicle and pedestrian access to the park is on Maryon Road.
- Approximately 100m to the right of this gate is the revolving gate which is used only to exit the park if other gates have been locked.
- The turnstile is 140cm wide.
- There is an additional pedestrian gate 90cm wide to the right of the turnstile.
- From these gates there are easy slopes on the paths towards the central area of the park.
- The paths towards Woolwich Road have moderate and steep slopes.
Woolwich Road Entrances
- The entrance in pictures 1 and 2 is on Woolwich Road, opposite Eastmoor Street.
- There are several similar entrances on this road.
- Woolwich Road is a busy dual carriageway.
- Parking is not possible in this area.
- There are bus stops and a pedestrian crossing close to this gate.
- The gates are 120cm wide, held open.
- There are cobbles in the area of the gate.
- From these entrances there are long moderate slopes on the paths into the park.
- After one entrance there are 4 medium unmarked steps.
- These are overcome by a moderate ramp.
- The ramps and steps do not have handrails.
Thorntree Road Entrance
- Thorntree Road is a steep hill.
- The main entrance from Thorntree Road is opposite Kinveachy Gardens.
- The tarmac path leads to a flight of 50+ unmarked medium steps.
- After these steps, the path splits to a further 50+ steps or a very long path with a moderate slope.
- There are handrails to the right side or both sides of the steps going up.
- At the time of our visit (October 2014) the sloping path was blocked by a fallen tree.
- The Green Chain Walk path from Thorntree road is an unmade path.
- It links up with the main route before the stairs.
- There is a further entrance near Pound Park Road.
- This area is known as Gilbert's Pit.
- There is a barrier at this entrance 48cm wide.
- The unmade path from this entrance includes steep slopes and steps.
- It bypasses most of Maryon Park and joins up with the paths near Woolwich Road.
Cleveley Close Entrance
- This gate is located at the end of Cleveley Close.
- The 150cm wide gate is held open.
- There are moderate to steep slopes after the gate into the park.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Within the northern area of the park, near the toilets, and tennis courts, the tarmac paths generally have easy slopes.
- There are some moderate slopes on the route to the playground and ball court.
- There are benches placed at frequent intervals next to the tarmac paths.
Playground and Ball Court
- The playground is located close to the entrance from Woolwich Road.
- The entrance has a heavy outward opening gate 97cm wide.
- There is a moderate slope in front of the gate with no level landing.
- There is a similar gate directly from the path to the ball play area.
- From the play area there are 4 shallow unmarked steps up to a grassed picnic bench area.
- There are moderate slopes across the area of the playground.
- There is also a moderate ramp between the playground and ball play area.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located in the toilet block to the left after the vehicle entrance.
- The female toilets are 15m (16yd 1ft) from the the car park area.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located to the right hand side of the toilet block.
- The male toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the the car park area.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- The female toilet has a white door which is not signposted.
- The entrance is on the right after the double gates to the service yard.
- The path is narrow and uneven.
Level Change (Access to Male Standard Toilets)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located from the car park area leading up to the toilet entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located inside the toilet, up to the cubicles and urinals.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are low.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The ramp or slope does not bypass the steps.