- Related link Stir Cafe.
- Related link Glyndon Community Centre.
- Recovery colleges are run like mainstream colleges but the focus is on educational courses to support students’ mental health and wellbeing and help students by developing skills for recovery and creating shared learning experiences.
- The college is based on the first floor, above the Stir Cafe, and shares some of its facilities.
- In 2018 the college is planning to have the basement rooms converted to provide more teaching space.
- These will have step-free access from the rear and standard toilets on the same level.
- Please check with the college whether this work is finished.
- Contact the college for details of the class programme.
- Classes usually start after 10.00 and some may take place in the evening.
- In the meantime, some of the college's courses are held on the ground floor of nearby Glyndon Community Centre.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The nearest underground station is North Greenwich.
- The nearest DLR station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Wilmount Street Car Park.
- The car park is located off Wilmount Street, at the rear of Wilko.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Anglesea Road.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- On-street bays are pay and display, limited to 2 hours.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 71cm (2ft 4in).
Outside Access (Receovery College Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located inside the Stir Cafe, ahead as you enter the venue.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Level Change (Receovery College Entrance)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located immediately after the Recovery College entrance.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are bright.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- There are similar stairs from the ground floor down to the basement which may be used once the basement rooms have been converted.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The photographs shows the training room which is at the first floor level of the building.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the rear right of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 220cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The baby change table is a free-standing foldable unit which would need to be moved out of the toilet to make space for a wheelchair unit.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.