- Related link Recovery College.
- The Stir Cafe is a social enterprise café focussed on wellbeing.
- It is linked to the Recovery College and some of the staff are volunteers.
- The café is available for use as workspace and is also avaible for hire free of charge to community groups.
- Monday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The nearest underground station is North Greenwich.
- The nearest DLR station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Wilmount Street Car Park.
- The car park is located off Wilmount Street, at the rear of Wilko.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Anglesea Road.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- On-street bays are pay and display, limited to 2 hours.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 72cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is healthy light meals and snacks.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the rear right of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 220cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The baby change table is a free-standing foldable unit which would need to be moved out of the toilet to make space for a wheelchair unit.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.