COVID-19 Information (General Advice for Stations Across Kingston)
- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- At larger stations, a separate entrance and exit is used. Most smaller stations may only have one door, so cannot have a separate entrance/exit.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- At staffed stations, staff are available as close to the entrance as possible. This may be gateline or ticket office staff.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- Station staff will monitor attendance and decide if the station concourse needs to close for social distancing measures.
- At larger stations, where possible, a clearly signed one-way system is implemented.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- For tenants on the station, such as small coffee shops, clear screens are not always available, but those staff wear face coverings (unless exempt).
- Toilets are available.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 450cm (9ft 10in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are level changes with no dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm (9ft 10in).
- There are bollards in the entrance walkway. The minimum width between the bollards is 100cm.
- There is a ticket machine in the entrance foyer.
- The ticket machine accepts cash and card payment.
- The station is not staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help.
- There is not a ticket office.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for South Western Railway.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There are 1 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
- A help point fitted with an induction loop is situated on Platform 1.