- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Kingston upon Thames.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Kingston.
- The nearest underground station is Wimbledon.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Monday 07:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 07:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 07:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 07:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 07:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 07:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 17:00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is St. James Car Park.
- The car park is located on St. James Street.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The photograph shows the pedestrian area and pavement cafe outside the venue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Apple Market.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Level Change (Inside Access)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- Lighting levels at the steps are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The step is located between the service counter and the rear seating area.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is low.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are the standard toilets and additional seating.
- The steps have a handrail on the left after the 1st landing.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is not ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are not clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is paninis , sandwiches, pasta and potatoes.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the 1st floor.
- The female and male toilets are 17m (18yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Paper cups are available on request.