- Services / facilities within the building include Day and Residential Cruises.
- The nearest National Rail station is Kingston.
- The organisation's head office and point of contact is located in Richmond Upon Thames.
- The boat is moored in Kingston upon Thames and the majority of trips depart from Kingston upon Thames.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Bentall A Car Park.
- The car park is located on Steadfast Road.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Down Hall Road.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are parking bays for a two hour drop off period on Down Hall Road and by the riverside itself.
- Blue Badge parking at the Bentall Car Park is available on the 8th Floor.
Outside Access (Barge Dock Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located from the dock onto the outside green deck of the barge.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- Access is from the dockside to the boat via a portable ramp.
Level Change (Barge Dock Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading from the dock onto the boat.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is portable.
- Please contact Peter - Skipper for use of the portable ramp.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The Thames is not tidal at the point where the barge is moored.
- There is only very small variation in the height of the barge and the angle of the ramp.
Lift (Access to Wheelhouse and Lower Deck)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right as you enter.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are Deck - Wheelhouse - Lower Deck.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 120cm (2ft 11in x 3ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There is a handrail on the right side of the lift.
- It is a small level change between the barge entrance on the green deck and the wheelhouse level.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There is tracking on the upper deck for securing wheelchairs.
- There are 8 deep steps or a platform lift to the lower accommodation area.
- The carers' accommodation is accessed via one deep step.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located on the lower deck.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 146cm x 190cm (4ft 9in x 6ft 3in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are two similar accessible toilet facilities on-board.
- The toilet pictured also has a flip-down seat which could be used when washing or changing.
- The second toilet has a wheel in shower facility.
Level Change (Access to Wheelhouse)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of lift entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The platform lift can be used to overcome the small level change between the green deck (entrance level) and the sheltered wheelhouse.
- For ambulant guests, the lift can be set at an intermediate height giving 2 steps between the green deck and wheelhouse.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The accessible shower(s) surveyed is/are located within the accessible toilet.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower(s) include; an adjustable shower head, handrails and a flip down seat.
- The height of the seat is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is level access to the services from the accessible shower facilities.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 1.
- Bookings need to be made in advance.