- Stumble Out is an extension of Medicine and the only entrance to Stumble Out is within Medicine.
- Related link Medicine.
- Monday 09:00 - 02:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 00:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 00:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- From the M25, exit at junction 13 and follow the A30 towards the Egham bypass. Following this road, continue straight across the first roundabout you encounter and continue on the road, following signs for Royal Holloway University. The entrance is off the A30 on the left as you approach, clearly signposted.
- There is a site/campus car park available for permit holders only.
- There is a bus stop in front of the entrance to the university, along the A30. The bus services that run from this stop are 8, 441, 500, RH1, RH2 and RH3.
- The nearest train station is Egham. From here you can get a bus or taxi to the university. For buses, use services RH1 or RH3.
- To see more information on Disability and Dyslexia Service please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 276 473.
- Email: [email protected]
- To see more information on Student Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 276 641.
- Email: [email protected]
- To see more information on Accommodation please click here (opens new tab).
- The building does have its own dedicated parking.
Building Car Park
- The car park can be used by permit holders.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
- The car park is located in front of The Hub and Medicine.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- There is/are 7 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked and signposted.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 480cm x 600cm (15ft 9in x 19ft 8in).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The nearest designated bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the building is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The dropped kerb between the car park and the building does have tactile paving.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park extends around the side of the Hub, down a steep slope towards the entrance of Medicine. 2 of the Blue Badge bays in the car park are at the bottom of this slope, shown in photograph 5, and standard bays up the slope, shown in photograph 6.
- This information is for the entrance located in Medicine, on the left side of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open (at the time of the survey).
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is steep.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is step free access throughout the majority of the building.
- There is/are 1 unmarked step(s), with no handrails, for access to the stage area.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- This level change is shown in photograph 1.
- There are not doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is not clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is no directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is poor colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are poor.
- This building does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the building.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a beer garden at the rear of Medicine which can be accessed by an entrance in Stumble Out.
- This entrance is 170cm wide with double doors that are permanently held open during hours of use with 2 medium not clearly marked steps leading to this entrance.
- To access this area from the entrance there are 15 medium height steps with handrails on both sides and they are not clearly marked.
- The beer garden has bench seating with some cover.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the bar.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 135cm x 220cm (4ft 5in x 7ft 3in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 90cm.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Location of Standard Toilet(s)
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the ground floor.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A male standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located to the left as you enter.
- There is step free access to the standard toilet(s) surveyed from the entrance.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 8m from the main entrance.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.
- The female toilets are accessed by steps. This level change is detailed in the getting around section.