- The Concorde Restaurant and Coffee House is located within the Manchester Airport Runway Visitor Park. For more information on how to get to the park, parking and getting around the park, please see the separate guide for the Runway Visitor Park.
- For more information on Manchester Airport Runway Visitor Park please click here (new tab).
- Services/facilities within the venue include the cafe for the Runway Visitor Park, with views through to the Concorde Hangar.
- For the Visitor Centre Reception, including the Concorde Hangar and Conference Rooms DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- Please click here for information on opening times.
Getting Help and Assistance
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request and different languages on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- The Runway Visitor Park is a Dementia Friendly Site and champion.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 96cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is high (110cm+).
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is step-free access within the café.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- This area does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in this area is laminate.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests on both sides.
- The nearest table is approximately 3m from the entrance/opening.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m from the till/counter.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 64cm.
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 73cm.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic/takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- There are hand held menus and wall menus available.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is breakfasts and main meals.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The cafe also contains high tables and chairs (photograph 5) and coffee tables (photograph 6).
- Seating is available outside the main entrance (photograph 8).
- There are picnic benches available on the grass in front of the building (photograph 9), and to the side, by the children's play area (photograph 10).
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use in the café.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the Visitor Centre Reception, including the Concorde Hangar and Conference Rooms.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the Visitor Centre Reception, including the Concorde Hangar and Conference Rooms.