COVID-19 Information (Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust Covid-19 Information)
- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Outpatients Entrance.
- The WRVS Shop is located ahead when entering the Outpatients entrance.
- Monday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Thursday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Friday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in West Bromwich.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Sandwell & Dudley.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 560cm (11ft 10in x 18ft 4in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the Outpatients entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the Outpatients entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the Outpatients entrance.
Outside Access (Outpatients Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Outpatients Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and non slip.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The counter is 8m (26ft 3in) from the outpatients entrance .
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- The height of the counter is medium.
- There is not a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Adapted toilet facilities are located within the Outpatients main waiting area.
- The nearest standard toilets are located within the Outpatients main waiting area.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio and different languages format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.