- The venue provides information and support for refugees and asylum seekers.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sheffield.
- There is a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The name of the nearest tram stop is Cathedral.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is NCP Arundel Gate.
- The car park is located in Arundel Gate.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- On street Blue Badge parking is located in Norfolk Street.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge parking is not marked into individual bays.
- The width of the Blue Badge parking bay is 285cm.
- There is room for approximately 3 vehicles in the Blue Badge bay.
- There is a similar Blue Badge bay on the opposite side of Norfolk Street.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 76cm.
- The ramp/slope is located beyond the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There are security barriers immediately beyond the entrance.
- The width between the barriers is 148cm.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There is a long computer desk to the front left as you enter the building.
- The height of the computer desk is 67cm.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the refectory.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 71cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are not available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are not available.
- This is a facility for users of The Sanctuary to have a tea or coffee while using the services within the building.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG, G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are offices, private consultation rooms, and a large meeting space.
- Private consultations can be arranged in a ground floor room for service users with mobility issues.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
- The accessible toilet cubicle was being used for storage at the time of the survey.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the ground floor, to the rear right of the building as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 137cm x 186cm (4ft 6in x 6ft 1in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 109cm (3ft 7in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- This room is not square.
- The dimensions given are the narrowest points in front of the toilet seat.
- The accessible toilet is also used as the standard female toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the ground floor, at the rear right of the building as you enter.
- The male toilet(s) is/are approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.