- Services / facilities within the grounds include Central Lending Library, Central Children's Library and Graves Gallery.
- Related link Central Lending Library.
- Related link Central Children's Library.
- Related link Graves Gallery.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times and opening times do vary depending on performances.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sheffield.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest tram stop is Castle Square.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the rear of the venue, off Arundel Gate.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is not accessible to a wheelchair user.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is for Blue Badge holders only.
- There is also Blue Badge parking for three hours on Surrey Street at the front of the venue.
- These bays are marked widthway only and are 250cm wide (photographs 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6).
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped and stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a bell/buzzer.
- The height of the bell/buzzer is 155cm (5ft 1in).
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 157cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located leading to and in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) has/have tactile paving at the top and bottom.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 16cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are in the centre.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The third step does not have a handrail and is not clearly marked.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the Theatre, the Bar and the standard toilets.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played during certain performances.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There are not designated spaces for wheelchair users.
- This venue does not provide audio described performances.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the hearing assistance system.
- A deposit is not required for the hearing assistance system.
- The rows suitable for hearing assistance systems are all rows.
- The hearing assistance system was not tested at the time of the survey.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in the auditorium.
- Each company hiring the theatre decide on concessions.
- Photographs 4 and 5 show the 12 clearly marked wide steps without handrails at each side of the theatre leading to the tiered seating.
- There are 5 medium, clearly marked steps without handrails at each side of the stage, as shown in photographs 6 and 7.
Eating and Drinking (Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar is located on the first floor.
- The bar does not serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks cannot be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- The standard height for tables is 75cm.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The bar serves drinks only.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels in the female and male toilets are moderate to good.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.