COVID-19 Information (Sheffield Hallam University)
- Services / facilities within the building include the Faculty of Health and Wellbeing Postgraduate Research Centre.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sheffield.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sheffield.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Park Lane.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The standard parking on Park Lane is not marked into individual bays.
- The bays are 168cm wide.
- There is a strict Permit to Park policy on all campuses. First priority for permits is given to staff and students with disabilities. Pre-booked visitor parking is available in any designated parking space at Collegiate Campus.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Second set of doors
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 104cm (3ft 5in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- In Postgraduate Research Areas 1 and 2.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the building, ahead as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 196cm x 255cm (6ft 5in x 8ft 4in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 69cm (2ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 102cm (3ft 4in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The accessible toilet is also used as the shared standard toilet.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.