- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There have been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- Staff are located at the entrances.
- Additional entrances and exits are currently in place for students to assist with social distancing.
- Visitors to the college will still use the main entrance and exit points.
- Some of the additional entrance and exit points may not be suitable for wheelchair users. Please phone in advance for more information.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances, in each classrooms and in corridors.
- There may be restrictions on the number of people allowed into shared services at any one time.
- People are advised to keep left in corridors and to keep moving to their destination and not congregate in corridors.
- Signs have been put up on walls and doors to remind people to maintain social distancing, wear a face covering, keep left in corridors and to regularly wash / sanitise hands.
- Floor signs are in place at the main reception desks.
- All counters now have protective screens.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Track and Trace is in use for the Hair & Beauty Salons through the NHS COVID APP.
- Many of the social areas within the college are closed to prevent student bubbles from mixing.
- Staggered break and lunch times are in place to assist with social distancing in refectories.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include training rooms & salons.
- Related link Woodlands Campus Main Building.
- Health & Beauty is located on the ground floor of the main building, off the main foyer.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Woodlands Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Water Orton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 410cm (13ft 1in x 13ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 60m (66yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 115m (126yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The reception desk is 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The desk has a lowered section.
Outside Access (Beauty Salon Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the right as you enter the main entrance.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 156cm (5ft 1in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in some of the training salons.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is Braille, tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 2m (6ft 7in) from the Beauty Salon entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left when you enter the Beauty Salon entrance.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 196cm x 250cm (6ft 5in x 8ft 2in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 125cm (4ft 1in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The showers are located within the adapted toilet.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower are an adjustable shower head and a flip down seat.
- The height of the seat is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- Other facilities available are an adapted toilet .
- There is level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- The nearest standard toilet is located to the rear of the main reception foyer.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- There is Braille and Tactile signage throughout the college.
- Documents including student policies and statements can be also be requested in symbol, on audio tapes and on computer disk.
- There is a Braille Reader available for students on request.
- There are 24 members of staff trained at BSL Level 1, 1 member of staff trained at level 2, and 1 member of staff trained at level 3.
- Throughout the college there are computers which have visual software available.
- There are fire alarm alerters for people with hearing impairments available at reception.
- There is a mobile hoist with a hook and loop attachment available on request.
- There is a Minicom number available: 0121 678 7005.