- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There have been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- Staff are located at the entrances.
- Additional entrances and exits are currently in place for students to assist with social distancing.
- Visitors to the college will still use the main entrance and exit points.
- Some of the additional entrance and exit points may not be suitable for wheelchair users. Please phone in advance for more information.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances, in each classrooms and in corridors.
- There may be restrictions on the number of people allowed into shared services at any one time.
- People are advised to keep left in corridors and to keep moving to their destination and not congregate in corridors.
- Signs have been put up on walls and doors to remind people to maintain social distancing, wear a face covering, keep left in corridors and to regularly wash / sanitise hands.
- Floor signs are in place at the main reception desks.
- All counters now have protective screens.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Track and Trace is in use for the Hair & Beauty Salons through the NHS COVID APP.
- Many of the social areas within the college are closed to prevent student bubbles from mixing.
- Staggered break and lunch times are in place to assist with social distancing in refectories.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Woodlands Campus Main Building.
- The library is located on the second floor of the main building.
- Monday 08:30 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 19:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 18:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Woodlands Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Water Orton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 410cm (13ft 1in x 13ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 60m (66yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 115m (126yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the rear of the main foyer.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2.
- The lift is 36m (39yd) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 140cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Library Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the second floor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books on tape or disc.
- There is not an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable table is / are available.
- Equipment available for people with a visual impairment includes large screen monitors, screen magnifiers, screen and text readers, voice input software, a visual mouse and Read and Write software.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located on the second floor main corridor.
- The nearest standard toilet is located on the second floor main corridor.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- There is Braille and Tactile signage throughout the college.
- Documents including student policies and statements can be also be requested in symbol, on audio tapes and on computer disk.
- There is a Braille Reader available for students on request.
- There are 24 members of staff trained at BSL Level 1, 1 member of staff trained at level 2, and 1 member of staff trained at level 3.
- Throughout the college there are computers which have visual software available.
- There are fire alarm alerters for people with hearing impairments available at reception.
- There is a mobile hoist with a hook and loop attachment available on request.
- There is a Minicom number available: 0121 678 7005.