Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Woodlands Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Water Orton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 410cm (13ft 1in x 13ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 60m (66yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 115m (126yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Outside Access (Refectory Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the main building foyer.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 196cm (6ft 5in) wide.
- This door is usually held open 24 hours a day.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played occasionally in the refectory.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Restaurant Bar Internal
- The following information is for the refectory.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks cannot be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the service counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 3m (9ft 10in) from the refectory entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- Menus are wall only.
- The type of food served here is varied.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located to the rear of the main building foyer.
- The nearest standard toilet is located to the rear of the main building foyer.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- There is Braille and Tactile signage throughout the college.
- Documents including student policies and statements can be also be requested in symbol, on audio tapes and on computer disk.
- There is a Braille Reader available for students on request.
- There are 24 members of staff trained at BSL Level 1, 1 member of staff trained at level 2, and 1 member of staff trained at level 3.
- Throughout the college there are computers which have visual software available.
- There are fire alarm alerters for people with hearing impairments available at reception.
- There is a mobile hoist with a hook and loop attachment available on request.
- There is a Minicom number available: 0121 678 7005.