- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Shirley.
- Monday 11:30 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 11:30 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 11:30 - 22:00.
- Thursday 11:30 - 22:00.
- Friday 11:30 - 23:00.
- Saturday 11:30 - 23:00.
- Sunday 11:30 - 22:00.
Parking (Parkgate Shopping Centre Asda)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is underground.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The car park is shared with Parkgate Shopping Centre/Asda off Haslucks Green Road.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 700cm (13ft 1in x 22ft 12in).
- The nearest designated bay is 23m (25yd 6in) from the Parkgate car park lifts.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 2300cm (75ft 6in).
Lift (Parkgate Asda Car Park)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left opposite the Asda Parkgate entrance stairs.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are B-G.
- The lift is 12m (13yd 4in) from the Parkgate car park entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The underground Parkgate car park entrance doors are permanently held open.
- There are wide automatic doors at the front of Adsa to the right which lead to Parkgate.
- There is level access to the entrances and upper level via lift.
- There are 6 further designated bays at the other side of the Asda car park and a similar lift to the store and Parkgate Shopping Centre.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading down to the venue from the Parkgate shopping centre.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is also an easy slope leading into the venue, as shown in picture 2.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- Full table service is available.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Picture menus are available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is Italian cuisine.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 146cm x 210cm (4ft 9in x 6ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the rear left of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are 27m (29yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located to the side of the building.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.