Show Easy Read
St Meddans Street
- Exit the station and turn left onto St Meddans Street.
- There is a long moderate slope leading down from the station.
- The St Meddans Street pavement is level and has a tarmac surface.
Junction St Meddans Street - Barassie Street
- Continue forward along St Meddans Street across the junction with Barassie Street.
- The junction has dropped kerbs but no tactile markings.
- The surface is tarmac.
- Barassie Street is used to exit the station on to St Meddans Street for northbound services.
- Barassie Street has a moderate slope leading down from the station.
St Meddans Street Continued
- Continue along St Meddans Street towards St Meddans Church across and on the right at the Bentinck Drive Junction.
- The pavement has a tarmac surface with some easy slopes for dropped kerbs in places.
Junction Crossing St Meddans Street - Bentinck Drive
- There is no direct crossing for the Bentinck Drive junction, so the central islands on both sides of St Meddans Street close to the junction can be used.
- Cross to the central refuge island on St Meddans Street before Bentinck Drive.
- The central refuge island is intended for crossing St Meddans Street but also offers a solid white line traffic restricted area facing across Bentinck Drive.
- Cross Bentinck Drive to the opposite central island and then cross to the other side of St Meddans Street near the church.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving on each side of St Meddans Street.
- The refuge islands have raised areas on the tarmac of the road but offer no dropped kerbs or tactile areas.
- Alternatively, turn left onto Bentinck Drive and cross it using the dropped kerbs for driveways around 50m away from the junction.
St Meddans Street
- Continue past St Meddans Church on the right towards South Beach.
- The pavement is a new smooth tarmac with some dropped kerbs towards later driveways at the far end.
Junction St Meddans Street - South Beach
- The pavement surface changes back to tarmac before crossing South Beach.
- There are dropped kerbs with no tactile markings.
- The entrance/exit to South Beach Road Car Park is just beyond the junction on St Meddans Street.
St Meddans - Promenade
- At the end of St Meddans Street the tarmac pavement surface continues onto the promenade surface.
- There is an easy slope leading towards the shore with widely spaced bollards to indicate the pedestrianised promenade area.
- St Meddans Public Toilets are located to the right here.
- You have arrived.
- There is an area with a cobbled surface before a moderate ramp to the sandy beach.
- The pedestrian walkway is beside the stone wall along the shore.
- There is a sunken kerb with a clearly marked cycle lane beside this.
- The promenade is tarmac with an easy camber towards the shore.