Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include 5 one-bedroom flats for independent living - 2 flats are on the ground floor.
- Related link 1 Heather Close.
- Related link 5 Heather Close.
- 3 Heather Close is part of a group of residential buildings with 1 and 3 Heather Close managed by the Complex Rehabilitation Service.
- The flats in 3 Heather Close are for clients who are able to manage independent living.
- The Heather Close centre provides 24-hour, rehabilitation, nursing care and accommodation, for up to 34 adults with long-term mental illness and challenging behaviour. .
- It provides care for people who live in the London Borough of Lewisham.
- The main visitor reception for all the buildings is based in 5 Heather Close.
- Residents from other blocks may also visit 5 Heather Close to use the club room or for consultations. .
- The car park is shared by all the buildings.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Hither Green.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of 5 Heather Close.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is not a dropped kerb immediately in front of the building.
- The nearest parking bay is 4m from the entrance to 5 Heather Close but the step-free route is 40m.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 89cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path from the parking area, past 1 Heather Close.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Route finding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- The photos show the communal hallway and laundry room.
- The laundry is on the ground floor.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G,1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are 3 self-contained flats.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Rooms are located to the left and right of the entrance hall.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- All the flats have a lounge/ dining room, separate double bedroom and standard bathroom with a bath.
- The flats are let partially furnished.
- Documents are available in Braille on request and large print on request.
- There are no staff based in this building.