- Services / facilities within the building include the Psychosis Inpatient Ward.
- The Early Intervention Unit is located to the side of Reay House.
- The inside of the ward was not surveyed.
Getting Here (Lambeth Hospital)
- Lambeth Hospital is located in Stockwell, South London just off Landor Road. It is approximately 450 metres from the A3 (Clapham Road) to the East and the A203 and A23 to the West.
- Standard and Blue Badge parking is located in front of the hospital main entrances.
- The nearest bus stop is Lambeth Hospital which is located on Landor Road approximately 100 metres from the main hospital entrance. The 322 service stops here.
- The nearest train station is Clapham High Street approximately 0.8 km away via Landor Road, Bedford Road, Lendal Terrace, Clapham High Street, Edgeley Road and Voltaire Road.
- The nearest underground station is Clapham North approximately 0.7 km away via Landor Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Opening Times (Visiting Times)
- Monday 10:00 - 20:30.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 20:30.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 20:30.
- Thursday 10:00 - 20:30.
- Friday 10:00 - 20:30.
- Saturday 10:00 - 20:30.
- Sunday 10:00 - 20:30.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Lambeth.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Brixton.
- The nearest underground station is Clapham North.
Parking (Early Intervention Unit)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 500cm x 500cm (16ft x 16ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 10m (10yd 3ft) from the Early Intervention Unit main gate.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Gate)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of Reay House building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 104cm (3ft) wide.
Level Change (Main Gate)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located immediately beyond the gate, leading up to the main entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of Reay House.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft) wide.
- The reception point is located opposite the main entrance.
- The reception point is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is high (110cm+).
- There is not sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- The counter is staffed.
- Signs and universally accepted symbols or pictograms, indicating lifts, stairs, WCs, circulation routes and other parts of the building are provided in the reception area.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is not a waiting area close to the reception point.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- Outside of the wards, the nearest accessible toilets are located in Reay House on the ground floor.
- The accessible toilets are over 50m away.
- Please see the Reay House Guide for further details.
Standard Toilet(s) (Staff and Visitor toilets)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the left of the entrance foyer.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- This toilet is kept locked.
- Please ask a member of staff for access.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings and adjustable beds.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- Hearing Loops are available on request.
- Interpreters are available on request.
- There are a number of policies specifically relating to safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children, as well as infection control policies. Please contact the health and safety clinical advisors for further information on the hospital.
- There is no cashpoint on-site or within 100m of the main reception.