Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the grounds include This route is approximately 550mtrs long and is used by market traders on Wednesdays and Saturdays and also used by the St Albans Festival.
- Related link Shopping Area Guide St Albans - St Peter's Street.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is St Albans City.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Drovers Way NCP Pay On Foot Parking.
- The car park is located on Drovers Way.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 150cm x 1500cm (4ft 11in x 49ft 3in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located on St Peters Street.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Route maps are available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does not have to be booked in advance.
- There is a hire charge.
- Escorts are not normally available to assist around town / city.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- The shopmobility is located inside the Drovers Way Car Park.
Route From The Clock Tower To Christopher Place
- Starting at the clock tower, where there is seating available, head towards French Row, there is a slight incline which is easy in gradient, and the surface is block paving. There are a number of restaurants and cafe's along the way. At the end of French Row are 2 bollards, which are 130 cm apart just before Christopher Place, which is a retail and food and drink quarter.
From Christopher Place To The Old Town Hall
- This route incorporates the market stalls leading up to the Old Town Hall, which has standard Male and Female toilets. These are accessed by 12 clearly marked steps which are medium in height and have handrails on either side.
Route From Catherine Street To St Peters Church
- This route begins at the end of the market stalls, and leads to St Peters Church, via a pedestrian crossing over Catherine street and St Peters Street. The crossing has tactile paving and push button control of traffic lights, which are at a height of 90cm.
Bus And Taxi Stands
- There is a Taxi Rank available on St Peter's Street, and a number of bus stops which all have easy access.
Accessible Toilet (Drovers Way Toilets)
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located on Drovers Way.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from shopmobility staff at a cost of £2.50 per key or from council staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 170cm x 320cm (5ft 7in x 10ft 6in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on Drovers Way.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.