Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in St Albans.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- Monday 06:30 - 19:30.
- Tuesday 06:30 - 19:30.
- Wednesday 06:30 - 19:30.
- Thursday 06:30 - 19:30.
- Friday 06:30 - 19:30.
- Saturday 07:00 - 19:30.
- Sunday 08:30 - 18:30.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Eating and Drinking
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is light snacks.
Accessible Toilet (Ambulant Toilet)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 23m (25yd 6in) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 140cm x 235cm (4ft 7in x 7ft 9in).
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are baby changing facilities
- The information for the accessible toilet refers to an ambulant toilet.
- There is a code required for the door which can be obtained from a member of staff.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- Lighting levels are low.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located at the rear of the venue.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 28m (30yd 1ft) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- The photograph shows the outdoor seating area.