COVID-19 Information (St George's University of London)
- Related link Hunter Wing.
- Related link Rob Lowe Sports Centre.
- This route plan covers the journey from the Horton Wing to the Rob Lowe Sports Centre over a distance of approximately 0.2 miles (322m). For those without mobility difficulties it may take about 5 minutes to walk.
- Along the route there are easy slopes, some uneven surfaces and drop kerbs.
- The surfaces along the route are block paving and tarmac with obstacles such as parked cars and bollards.
Hunter Wing Main Entrance to Perimeter Road
- Leave the Hunter Wing entrance and head down the easy slope to the left towards the road (shown in photograph 2).
- After 14m there is a set of bollards with an opening width 140cm (shown in photograph 3).
- Follow the path round to the left for 14m onto Perimeter Road until reaching the zebra crossing on the left (shown in photographs 4 and 5).
- There is tarmac and block paving along this section of the route.
Perimeter Road to Access Road Zebra Crossing
- Follow the path straight ahead for 32m after which the road bends round to the right, continue to follow the path (shown in photographs 1, 2 and 3).
- Along this section of the path cars tend to park partly on pavement (shown in photographs 4 and 5).
- After 40m the path splits, follow the path to the left towards the zebra crossing (shown in photographs 6, 7 and 8).
- The path on this section of the route consists mainly of block paving.
Access Road Zebra Crossing to Education Centre Zebra Crossing
- Cross the access road via the zebra crossing using the dropped kerb which does not have tactile paving. There are bollards on the far side of road with an opening width of 155cm (shown in photograph 1).
- Continue to follow path as it bends round to the left. The path has a slight slope with an uneven tarmac surface (shown in photograph 2).
- Continue along the route across the area marked with a zebra crossing which is no longer in use (shown in photograph 3).
- After a further 25m you will approach the waste unit entrance (shown in photograph 4).
- There is a marked pedestrian path to cross the entrance (shown in photograph 5 and 6), continue along this section of the path.
- After 20m you will come to dropped curb to cross another access road which is blocked off (shown in photograph 7).
- Continue along the path for a further 30m until reaching the dropped curb of the courtyard clinic entrance (shown in photograph 8).
- Continue over the crossing for 15m which has tactile paving on the far side.
- After another 12m you will reach a zebra crossing on right hand side which is marked with tactile paving (shown in photographs 9 and 10).
- This zebra crossing heads towards the education centre which lies beyond the car park on the other side of the road.
Education Centre Zebra Crossing to Rob Lowe Sports Centre
- Cross the road heading towards the education centre which lies beyond the car park using the zebra crossing which has tactile paving and a dropped curb (shown in photograph 1).
- After crossing continue to the right through the car park leading down to the education centre (shown in photographs 2 and 3).
- Continue to the slight ramp which has handrails on both sides and is marked with tactile paving (shown in photographs 4 and 5).
- Continue down the ramp, turn right and follow the path along the education centre (shown in photograph 6) and up the slight ramp which has handrails on both sides for 34m to the sports centre entrance (shown in photographs 7, 8 and 9).
- The route includes some uneven surfaces with a mix of tarmac and block paving.
- Please see the Rob Lowe Sports Centre guide for access to the sports centre.