Show Easy Read
- This route plan covers the journey from De Maillac and Wiseman Blocks to the Refectory. The journey is approximately 370m. For those without mobility difficulties it may take about 5 minutes to walk.
- Related link Refectory.
Wiseman Hall - Ahead when exiting through the passageway towads the road
- The courtyard area immediately beyond the entrance is mostly even.
- There is a continuous easy slope up to the passageway with wide gaps between the building's support columns.
- The path is narrowed by a central bollard when exiting the passageway.
De Marillac Hall - On exiting both North and South Blocks, continue ahead down the ramp towards the road
- The ramps at both entrances have an easy gradient and have handrails on both sides.
- The bottom of the ramp is level with the road.
- Directly ahead is a set of stairs that provide access to the path next to the athletics track (as shown in photograph 6).
- For ramped access to the path, continue following the route plan.
At the road, turn left into the car park towards the ramp
- There is no pathway leading to the ramp from the entrances.
- The car park surface consists of tarmac and is mostly even.
- Please be wary of vehicles as you negotiate the car park.
After 40m, join the ramp located on the right hand side of the car park
- There is a dropped kerb to access the ramp from the road (as shown in photograph 1).
- The ramp has an easy gradient throughout with handrails on the right hand side.
- There are level landings at intervals along the second half of the ramp (as shown in photograph 3).
At the top of the ramp, turn left towards the playing fields/athletics track and continue ahead
- The path at this section of the route consists of tarmac with a small section of paving after 30m.
- The path is mostly even with handrails on the right hand side for the length of the athletics track.
- There are no handrails for the first 15m.
After 140m, continue ahead towards J Building
- The path bear slightly right at this section of the route (as shown in photograph 1).
- Ensure that the playing fields are on your left hand side.
- After 15m the path bears back to the left.
- Continue along the path past the tactile paving on the right hand side (as shown in photograph 2).
After 55m, cross the road towards K Building
- There is tactile paving as you reach the crossing (as shown in photograph 1).
- There is no tactile paving as you exit the crossing (as shown in photograph 2 and 3).
- There are dropped kerbs on both sides of the crossing with easy slopes between the path and the road.
- The road surface is level over the crossing.
After the crossing, turn right and continue 50m to the Refectory via the K, J, N Courtyard
- The surface of the path at this section of the route is mostly even with easy slopes in places.
- After 20m, reach the courtyard and continue ahead towards the Refectory Corridor Entrance.
- There is bench seating available within the courtyard (as shown in photograph 4).
- When approaching the entrance, the registry will be on the left.
- There is an easy slope leading up to the entrance (as shown in photographs 5 and 6).
- For further details regarding access to the refectory, please see the relevant guide.