- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminal is closed to passengers and flights between 17:00 and 05:00 every night. There is no access into the terminal building during these closure hours.
- The free set-down option in the Mid-Stay car park has moved to Blue Short Stay. Blue Short Stay is a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal. The Express Set Down (chargeable) remains open as usual.
- There have been no changes to the entrances or exits.
- Only passengers flying are allowed to enter the terminal wherever possible. Family/friends/carers may enter to assist passengers who require help on Departure or Arrival.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at:
- The main check-in concourse x2.
- Immediately after Security before Duty Free x2.
- Immigration before the Border.
- Baggage Reclaim Hall.
in addition to handwashing facilities in all existing toilets.
- Extensive signage is in place to remind passengers about social distancing, the requirement to wear a face covering and to wash hands.
- Protective screens are in place at all desks including; Check-in Desks, Information Desks, PRM Receptions, and Boarding Gates.
- There have been no change to the toilet facilities.
- Face masks are required in all indoor areas at all times, unless when seated to eat/drink. If a passenger is exempt from wearing a face mask for medical reasons they are advised to check with the airline, as all airlines flying from Stansted may require proof of exemption before allowing boarding.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Immigration.
- Arrivals - Channel Islands leads directly to Immigration.
Entrance from Transport
- There is level access to the entrance.
- There are double automatic doors.
- The doors are 359cm (11ft 9in) wide.
- There is a bus stop by the entrance with a space for accessible vehicles.
- There are two pairs of escalators.
- There is a landing level in between these escalators.
- The steps of the escalators are not clearly marked.
- The head and foot of the escalators are clearly marked.
- There are two banks of steps.
- There are 15 + steps in each bank.
- The steps are medium height.
- The steps have handrails on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the entrance foyer.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 168cm x 228cm (5ft 6in x 7ft 6in).
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
Entrance to Arrivals Hall
- This entrance is located to the left as you exit the lifts, or right from the escalators and stairs.
- The door is automatic and opens away from you.
- The door is 144cm (4ft 8in) wide.
- The door takes you directly into the Arrivals Hall.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.