- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The free set-down option in the Mid-Stay car park has moved to Blue Short Stay. Blue Short Stay is a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal. The Express Set Down (chargeable) remains open as usual.
- There have been no changes to the entrances or exits.
- Only passengers flying are allowed to enter the terminal wherever possible. Family/friends/carers may enter to assist passengers who require help on Departure or Arrival.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at:
- The main check-in concourse x2.
- Immediately after Security before Duty Free x2.
- Immigration before the Border.
- Baggage Reclaim Hall.
in addition to handwashing facilities in all existing toilets.
- Extensive signage is in place to remind passengers about social distancing, the requirement to wear a face covering and to wash hands.
- Protective screens are in place at all desks including; Check-in Desks, Information Desks, PRM Receptions, and Boarding Gates.
- There have been no change to the toilet facilities.
- Face masks are required in all indoor areas at all times, unless when seated to eat/drink. If a passenger is exempt from wearing a face mask for medical reasons they are advised to check with the airline, as all airlines flying from Stansted may require proof of exemption before allowing boarding.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Outside Access (Access from Aircraft)
- Access from arriving aircraft is either via steps or pre arranged assistance.
- Pre arranged assistance is provided by Omniserve and will take passengers to the terminal via lift or accessible transport.
- There are 4 medium steps with handrails leading to a set of double, manual doors.
- The doors open towards towards you and are 220cm (7ft 3in) wide.
- There is then a set of steps to reach the passenger boarding bridge.
- There are 15 + medium steps with handrails.
- The doors from the bridge will be held open.
- Exit from the passenger boarding bridge to the arrivals corridor is via automatic doors 132cm (4ft 4in) wide.
Outside Access (Pre Arranged Assistance)
- Passengers who have booked assistance will be met at the aircraft and escorted on a step free route through to Immigration.
- Passengers entering the building will go through two sets of double, manual doors.
- The doors are 102cm (3ft 4in) wide, but will be held open by a member of staff.
- Passengers will then be escorted to the lift.
- Alternatively, you may be transported to the main terminal via accessible vehicle.
Inside Access (Arrivals Corridor)
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- There is Braille , tactile, and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is located between the exit from gate 11 and 13.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards and outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 146cm x 290cm (4ft 9in x 9ft 6in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- It is a push button style of alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located between the exit from gates 11 and 13.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the female toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 91cm (2ft 12in).
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 162cm x 170cm (5ft 3in x 5ft 7in).
- The lift doors are 141cm (4ft 8in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The call button for the lift is 125cm (4ft 1in) high.
- The lift controls are 140cm (4ft 7in) high.
- The lift has handrails on both sides.
- There are 2 lifts available. These access the main Arrivals Level and the Transit Level.
Access To The Transit Trains
- The is level access onto the trains from the platform.
- The Transit Trains are accessed at the rear of the departure lounge.
- The Transit Trains are used to access Departures (Gates 1-19 and Gates 20-39)
- The Transit Trains are also used to get from Arrivals (Gates 1-19 and Gates 20-39) to Immigration.
- There is step free access onto the Transit Trains.
- The doors onto the trains are automatic and 210cm wide.
- There is fixed seating available at either end of the train which have priority for passengers with mobility issues.
- There are supports poles for passengers who are standing.