- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminal is closed to passengers and flights between 17:00 and 05:00 every night. There is no access into the terminal building during these closure hours.
- The free set-down option in the Mid-Stay car park has moved to Blue Short Stay. Blue Short Stay is a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal. The Express Set Down (chargeable) remains open as usual.
- There have been no changes to the entrances or exits.
- Only passengers flying are allowed to enter the terminal wherever possible. Family/friends/carers may enter to assist passengers who require help on Departure or Arrival.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at:
- The main check-in concourse x2.
- Immediately after Security before Duty Free x2.
- Immigration before the Border.
- Baggage Reclaim Hall.
in addition to handwashing facilities in all existing toilets.
- Extensive signage is in place to remind passengers about social distancing, the requirement to wear a face covering and to wash hands.
- Protective screens are in place at all desks including; Check-in Desks, Information Desks, PRM Receptions, and Boarding Gates.
- There have been no change to the toilet facilities.
- Face masks are required in all indoor areas at all times, unless when seated to eat/drink. If a passenger is exempt from wearing a face mask for medical reasons they are advised to check with the airline, as all airlines flying from Stansted may require proof of exemption before allowing boarding.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There is a zebra crossing in front of the hotel.
- The crossing is tarmac and has tactile dropped kerbs either side of the crossing and at the middle island.
- There is a minimum 120cm width at this crossing.
- This is a covered walkway between The Howard Hilton Hotel and the terminal.
- The walkway is approximately 130m long.
- The walkway surface is tarmac and undulating, with slight and easy slopes.
Stair and Lift Tower
- Enter the stair and lift tower via the single, automatic, 122cm wide door.
- There are 15+ well marked medium steps with handrails both sides between the ground and first floor.
- Alternatively, there are 2 similar lifts between the ground and first floor.
- The lift door is 130cm wide.
- The dimensions of the lift are 138cm x 232cm.
- The lift buttons are between 90cm - 110cm high.
- The phone button to raise the alarm is 142cm from the floor.
- There are audio and visual displays within the lifts.
Stair and Lift Tower - Terminal
- The single automatic exit door to the terminal is 113cm wide.
- Outside the door is a covered walkway leading to a concrete slope with handrails both sides and in the middle.
- This ramp takes you to the terminal concourse.
- There is step free access along the external concourse.
- The external concourse is covered.
- There is clear signage along the concourse.
- It is between 50m (55yd) and 7m (8yd) from the bus and taxi stands to the concourse.
- There are bus stops for transfer to each of the airport car parks.
- There are 3 entrances in to the Check-in Hall along the concourse.
- There is an entrance into the Arrivals along the concourse.
- There are help points available at all entrances.