Show Easy Read
Access from Aircraft
- Access from arriving aircraft is either via steps or pre arranged assistance.
- Pre arranged assistance is provided by ISS and will take passengers to the terminal via lift or accessible transport.
- There are 3 to 4 (dependent on gate) medium, well marked steps with handrails on both sides leading from the aircraft.
- Passengers then access a set of double, manual doors.
- The doors open towards towards you and are 220cm (7ft 3in) wide.
- There is then a set of steps to reach the passenger boarding bridge.
- These have 15+ medium steps with handrails on both sides.
- Photograph 3 shows the boarding bridge.
- The doors from the bridge will be held open.
- Exit from the passenger boarding bridge to the arrivals corridor is via automatic doors 115cm (3ft 9in) wide.
- There is a refuge point opposite Gate 34.
- The refuge point is accessed via heavy, double doors, which open towards you.
- The doors are 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- The refuge point has an Evac chair and a help point.
- The call button for the help point is 113cm (3ft 8in) high and is fitted with an induction loop.
- There is a help point available (red telephone), which is 120cm (3ft 11in) high. This is located by the First Aid Room, just before the escalators.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is Braille , tactile, and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 240cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 10in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 81cm (2ft 8in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are low.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Other Floors (Escalators to Transit)
- Escalator(s) can be used to access other floors.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator are Arrivals Level - Apron - Transit.
- The escalators steps are not clearly marked.
- The foot and head of the escalators are not clearly marked.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The escalators are located at the far end of the Arrivals corridor.
Access to the Transit Trains
- There is level access onto the Transit Trains from the platform.
Lift (Lift to Transit Shop)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located directly in front of the transit stop.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The lift is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the transit exit.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 160cm x 215cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 1in).
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The Transit Trains are accessed at the rear of the departure lounge.
- The Transit Trains are used to access Departures (Gates 1-19 and Gates 20-39)
- The Transit Trains are also used to get from Arrivals (Gates 1-19 and Gates 20-39) to Immigration.
- There is step free access onto the Transit Trains.
- The doors onto the trains are automatic and 210cm wide.
- There is fixed seating available at either end of the train which have priority for passengers with mobility issues.
- There are supports poles for passengers who are standing.