- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminal is closed to passengers and flights between 17:00 and 05:00 every night. There is no access into the terminal building during these closure hours.
- The free set-down option in the Mid-Stay car park has moved to Blue Short Stay. Blue Short Stay is a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal. The Express Set Down (chargeable) remains open as usual.
- There have been no changes to the entrances or exits.
- Only passengers flying are allowed to enter the terminal wherever possible. Family/friends/carers may enter to assist passengers who require help on Departure or Arrival.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at:
- The main check-in concourse x2.
- Immediately after Security before Duty Free x2.
- Immigration before the Border.
- Baggage Reclaim Hall.
in addition to handwashing facilities in all existing toilets.
- Extensive signage is in place to remind passengers about social distancing, the requirement to wear a face covering and to wash hands.
- Protective screens are in place at all desks including; Check-in Desks, Information Desks, PRM Receptions, and Boarding Gates.
- There have been no change to the toilet facilities.
- Face masks are required in all indoor areas at all times, unless when seated to eat/drink. If a passenger is exempt from wearing a face mask for medical reasons they are advised to check with the airline, as all airlines flying from Stansted may require proof of exemption before allowing boarding.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Immigration to Baggage Reclaim
- There is level access between Immigration and Baggage Reclaim.
- There are no doors and the opening is 185cm wide.
- From the entrance it is approximately 70m (76yd) to the two sets of toilets and the various baggage belts.
- Information regarding baggage is displayed on screens.
- There are no audible announcements.
- There is step free access throughout the Baggage Reclaim area.
- There are 9 Baggage Reclaim belts.
- The belts are 45cm high.
- The outsized baggage gauge is 71cm high.
- There is fixed seating available.
- There is a Bureau de Change in Baggage Reclaim.
- The desk is 96cm (3ft 2in) high and has a lowered section.
Accessible Toilet (Belt 9)
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 70m (77yd) from the Immigration exit.
- The accessible toilet is located next to Belt 9, to the left of the Immigration exit.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 312cm x 256cm (10ft 3in x 8ft 5in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 183cm (6ft 0in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is a push button style of alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Standard Toilet(s) (Belt 9)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the left of the Immigration exit.
- The female and male toilets are 70m (77yd) from the Immigration exit.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a larger (ambulant) toilet located in the female toilets, with grab rails.
- There is a baby change in the female and accessible toilets.
- The baby change table in the female toilet once extended is 73cm (2ft 5in) high.
- The baby change table in the accessible toilet once extended is 66cm (2ft 1in) high.
Baggage Reclaim to International Arrivals Hall
- There is level access from Baggage Reclaim to the International Arrivals Hall.
- It is approximately 70m (76yd) to the exit from the Baggage Reclaim entrance.
- There are no doors at the Baggage Reclaim exit.
- There are double width, automatic doors at the entrance to the Arrivals Hall.