- Related link Dunwich Heath Coastal Centre and Beach.
- Related link Route - Dunwich Heath Easy Going Trail.
- Related link Dunwich Heath Barn Field Study Centre & Sea Watch.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Darsham.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 396cm x 475cm (12ft 12in x 15ft 7in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 75cm (2ft 6in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Tourist Information Office
- There is level access to the tourist office.
- The door to the office is single.
- The door opens towards you and is 75cm wide.
- There is level access inside.
- The lighting is medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 75cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left before you enter the cafe.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 200cm (5ft 11in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- Accessibility buggies can be hired from the visitor centre for use outside on the Easy Going Trail.
- Please call in advance.