- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Audley End Station.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 200cm x 460cm (6ft 7in x 15ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Please note - as this car park is also used for deliveries/loading there is no guarantee of a space.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located directly in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- The desk/counter is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There are self service machines available to the left as you enter from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are not available for computer users.
- Audio books are now only available on disc (no longer tapes).
- Accessible toilets are available during the adjoining café opening hours (10:00 – 16:00) and are operated by St Nics Hospice.
- Standard toilets are available during the adjoining café opening hours (10:00 – 16:00) and are operated by St Nics Hospice.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.