- Related link Starbucks Coffee.
- Related link WHSmith.
Opening Times (Opening Times)
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Ipswich.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the left as you face the main entrance.
- The car park type is multi storey.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 550cm (11ft 10in x 18ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the right as you face the main entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm.
- There are several sets of automatic doors next to each other with the same specification.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Monday 05:00 - 21:20.
- Tuesday 05:00 - 21:20.
- Wednesday 05:00 - 21:20.
- Thursday 05:00 - 21:20.
- Friday 05:00 - 21:20.
- Saturday 05:00 - 21:20.
- Sunday 07:20 - 22:20.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Photograph 1 shows the ticket machines as you enter.
- Photograph 3 show the ticket barriers which are 85cm in width and open away from you after you enter your ticket.
- There is a larger barrier available to the right for wheelchair users, prams, buggies and passenger who need extra space.
- This barrier was occupied at time of survey and couldn,t be photographed.
- Photograph 6 shows the automatic double doors which are 110cm in width and lead to the platforms after the ticket barriers.
Platform 2 Waiting Room
- There is a waiting room available on platform 2, just after the stairs and lift and before you reach platform 1.
- This waiting room is approximately 33m from the main entrance.
- There is a double automatic door to enter the room which is 130cm in width.
- The waiting room has several seats with armrests on both sides.
- There are generally 6 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is an office to obtain help.
- The station is not staffed between 21:20-05:00 Monday to Saturday and 22:00-07:00 Sundays.
- The office to obtain help is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- This office is located just after the ticket barriers by platform 2.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The train companies operating from within this station are Greater Anglia.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Greater Anglia.
- There is a taxi rank at the station.
- The taxi rank is located on the left as you face the main entrance, next to the bus stops.
- The taxi rank is 26m (28yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Shops and services within the station include WHSmith, Starbucks Coffee and Coffee Link.
- All key concourse shops and services have level access.
- There are 4 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) which has/have level access is / are 1, 2.
- The platform(s) accessed by lift is / are 3, 4.
- The platform(s) which can be accessed by either level access / ramps / lifts / stairclimber from inside the station is / are 1, 2, 3, 4.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are available to access platforms.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Accessible toilets are located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are located on platform(s) 2.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is a wheelchair available to borrow.
- To borrow a wheelchair, please ask a member of staff.
Level Change (Bridge - Platform 2 to Platforms 3/4)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading from the platform to the bridge.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There is a lift to access this area/service.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located midway along platforms 2, 3 and 4.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are Platform - Bridge.
- The lift is approximately 94m (102yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 109cm (3ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 135cm x 135cm (4ft 5in x 4ft 5in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There are hearing loop fitted in the lifts.
- Both lifts have the same specifications.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on platform 2.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 250cm (5ft 3in x 8ft 2in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 86cm (2ft 10in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 102cm (3ft 4in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on platform 2.
- The female and male toilets are 50m (55yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Assisted Travel Information
- Assisted Travel Helpline number: 0800 028 2878, Monday to Sunday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Assisted Travel Text Relay service: 18001 0800 028 2878.
- Email: [email protected]
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.