Show Easy Read
- Discover the wilds of Cavenham Heath, with acres of heathland and woodland landscapes.
- The Heath offers 2 trails.
- A Woodland Trail which is approximately 0.6 of a mile / 1km.
- The Woodland Trail is approximately 0.6 of a mile / 1km, and is a loop route around the woods.
- The Heathland Trail is approximately 2.5miles / 4km.
- The Heathland Trail follows a numbered route from the Woodland Trail car park.
- The route is on natural surface throughout with accessible gates (NKS Key) at entrances to the heath. The track in some sections is rutted so can be quite bumpy.
- You could access the far end of the trail near the River Lark, although parking is very informal.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bury St Edmunds.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is grass.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Access Point (Main Access Point)
- This information is for the access point located at the start of the route.
- There is an information board/map at this access point.
- There is step-free access at this access point.
- There is a kissing gate at this access point.
- The gate is easy to open.
- The gate has a hook lock.
- The width of the gap is 123cm.
- The trail starts at the car park and carries on in a loop around the woods until you come back to the car park.
- The route is reasonably accessible when dry.
- The paths surfaces around the trail starts off as compact earth and finishes with grass. The widths of these paths range from 60cm to 120cm.
- There are some easy slopes around the trail.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.