- Suffolk Wildlife Trust’s nature reserve offers a variety of trails from the designated easy access Lopham Loop to the Spider Trail and the Waveney Trail.
- The Lopham Loop route is approximately 0.3miles / 0.5km and is a round route starting and finishing at the car park.
- There is seating at the start of the walk.
- The Spider Trail is approximately 1.2miles / 2km.
- The trail is along a grassy path with some large kissing gates along the route and includes a viewing platform where you can learn about the Fen Raft Spider, the reserves rare inhabitant.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Diss.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest designated bay is 34m (37yd 7in) from the walk entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 37m (40yd 1ft) from the walk entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Lopham Loop Route Start and Finish Entrances
- The start and finish of the walk is by a large gate with a opening width of 140cm.
- There are easy slopes leading to the gates.
Lopham Loop Trail
- The trail starts off at the car park and leads round in a loop and back to the car park.
- Along the walk there is a wooden platform with views across the fens.
- Look out for reptiles, amphibians and varieties of plant life for which the fen is a haven.
- There is route signage around the trail and seating at the start of the trail.
Lopham Loop Path
- The path has some uneven surfaces along the route.
- The surface of the paths is compact earth and grass.
- Along the route there are 2 kissing gates with a opening width of 120cm to overcome.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 26m (28yd 1ft) from the car park.
- The accessible toilet is located ahead as you enter from the car park.
- There is not level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 150cm (5ft 11in x 4ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 106cm (3ft 6in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The accessible toilet also serves as a unisex standard toilet.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the facility entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.