- Related link West Stow Country Park Visitors Centre, Museum and Anglo-Saxon Village.
- Related link Angles Café at West Stow Country Park.
- West Stow Country Park is located alongside the River Lark and adjacent to lakes and heathland.
- Within the park is a Children's Play Area, Anglo-Saxon Village, Cafe, Museum, Visitors Centre and Shop.
- There are 3 walks around the park.
- The Red Nature Trail route is approximately 1 mile/1.5km.
- The Red Nature Trail starts by the café and picnic site and takes a meandering route to West Stow Heath.
- This is a lovely route at any time of year on natural paths with some exposed tree roots.
- There are benches and information points.
- along the route and don’t miss the very unusual Shepherd’s Hut.
- The Yellow Pumphouse Route and Blue Lake Walk routes are approximately 2 miles / 3km.
- The Yellow Pumphouse Route and the Blue Lake Walk.
- are longer trails and on very bumpy ground.
- Combined they make for a lovely exploration of the whole park.
Opening Times (Park)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the front of the park.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 460cm (13ft 1in x 15ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 3m (3yd 10in) from the park entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
The Red Nature Trail
- The trail starts by the side of the cafe and goes in a single circular route through woodland and heath and then returning to the car park.
- There is seating and information points along the way.
- The entrance and exit of the heath is by heavy, single gates with a opening width of 110cm.
- The surfaces of the paths around the trail is compact earth and grass.
- Along the trail some of the paths have some exposed tree roots and some paths have slight inclines.
Accessible Toilet (Toilet Block)
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 54m (59yd 2in) from the car park.
- The accessible toilet is located within a toilet block to the left as you enter the park.
- There is not level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 295cm (5ft 3in x 9ft 8in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 120cm (3ft 11in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Level Change (Toilet Block)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left of the facility entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the right going up.
Standard Toilet(s) (Toilet Block)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located within a toilet block to the left as you enter the park.
- The female and male toilets are 54m (59yd 2in) from the car park.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Male and Female Standard Toilets)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the male and female standard toilets.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.