- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The nearest National Rail station is Seaham.
- The nearest Metro Station is Pallion.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- On street Blue Badge parking is located next to Tesco Express and the Logan Terrace entrance.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located next to Tesco Express and the Logan Terrace entrance.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge parking is marked with signs and some faded road markings and are not much bigger than the standard bays.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
Welfare Road Vehicle and Pedestrian Entrance
- The Welfare Road vehicle and pedestrian entrance is located off Park View & Houghton Road.
- There is a path on either side of the road, with several dropped kerbs which have tactile markings.
- The path is over 150cm in width on both sides.
- There are no zebra / pedestrian crossings along the route.
- The path on both sides does have some uneven sections and some easy slopes.
Access Point (Logan Terrace Pedestrian Entrance)
- This information is for the access point located by Tesco Express.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this access point.
- This is no gate at this access point.
- The width of the entrance is 240cm.
- The ramp/slope is located on the pathway leading in front of and beyond the entrance.
- The station is not staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help (other than the ticket office).
- There is not a ticket office / travel centre.
- There are 4 stands / bays.
- The stands which have level access are A,B,C & D.
- The bus companies operating within this station are North East.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There is not a wheelchair for patrons to borrow.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile, written text and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the Logan Terrace pedestrian entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the right as you enter from the Logan Terrace pedestrian entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 145cm x 155cm (4ft 9in x 5ft 1in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter from the Logan Terrace pedestrian entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the Logan Terrace pedestrian entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are low.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located at the entrance to the facilities.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).