- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sunderland.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in Railway Terrace.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 490cm (11ft 10in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the Hylton Bank entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 24m (26yd 9in) from the Hylton Bank entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park has limited parking spaces available.
- The Blue Badge parking bays are marked but are very faded.
Disabled Passenger Information for Metro
- The trains have a space on each carriage for wheelchair users, which are clearly marked with the wheelchair symbol by the train doors.
- Station platforms are approximately the same height as train floors, however the exact gap varies from station to station.
- Standard wheelchairs and powered wheelchairs up to a maximum width of 700mm and length of 1200mm are permitted on Metro trains.
- Powered mobility scooters may not be used anywhere on Metro because of their design, difficulty in manoeuvring and unsuitability for use at stations,
- on platforms and on trains.
- Lighter scooters may be folded and carried on board trains.
- Call or text 0191 203 3666
- Email [email protected]
Outside Access (Hylton Bank Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in Hylton Bank.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the entrance is 230cm.
Level Change (Hylton Bank Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located on the approach to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading from the car park area to the ramp.
- There is/are 7 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The platforms have several ticket machines and help points which have built in hearing loops.
- The platforms have several smart card readers for passenger using prepaid Metro Cards.
- The station is not staffed.
- There is not a ticket office.
- The train companies operating from within this station are Tyne and Wear Metro Nexus.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Tyne and Wear Metro Nexus.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There are 1 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by ramp / slope is / are 1.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.