Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include international student teaching rooms.
- Barnes Building is located to the rear of the campus.
- Monday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- Opening times may vary.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sunderland.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sunderland.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is University.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the rear of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 6 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 354cm x 600cm (11ft 7in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 100m (109yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 120m (131yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG, G and 1.
- The stairs are located ahead as you enter.
- The stairs are approximately 1m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are teaching rooms and standard toilets.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available within the Bede Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the lower ground floor.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Home visits / services are not available.