- Services / facilities within the building include the discovery centre and shop.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include Fairhaven Lake and a nature trail.
- Fairhaven Lake link (new tab) - click here.
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 17:00.
- The venue closes at 16:00 on shorter winter days.
- The venue is closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. On New Year’s Eve the venue is open 10:00 - 15:00.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Ansdell & Fairhaven.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Fairhaven Bowling Green Car Park.
- The car park is located on Inner Promenade.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Inner Promenade.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a steep slope down to the venue from the road.
- There is level access to the venue from the public parking at Fairhaven Bowling Green.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 176cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system was tested on 25/07/2022.
- The hearing assistance system was working at the time of testing.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilets are within the Fairhaven Lake area.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are within the Fairhaven Lake area.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.