Show Easy Read
- WH Smith is located on the The Mezzanine level.
- Monday 08:00 - 19:30.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 19:30.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 19:30.
- Thursday 08:00 - 19:30.
- Friday 08:00 - 19:30.
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 17:00.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- Parking on the main hospital site is limited to staff and permit holders.
- There is some disabled parking on site but it is generally used by staff with the exception of the Diabetic Centre where outpatients of that facility can park if displaying a Blue Badge.
- It may be possible to drive onto the site to drop off disabled patients outside the side or rear entrances but this is at the discretion of security staff.
- There are drop-off areas outside the main and emergency department entrances and also outside the Linda McCartney and Education Centres but vehicles must not be parked in these areas.
- Patients and visitors can park in the nearby secure Q-Park facility which is situated less than a 5 minute walk from the hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vehicle entrance to Q-Park is on Epworth Street (off Erskine Street).
- A pedestrian exit is available on the Prescot Road side of the car park.
- The car park has over 40 designated Blue Badge bays on level 1 and two additional bays on each of the other levels.
- The dimensions of the bays are 3.5m x 6.5 (11ft 5in x 21ft 3in).
- Parking charges are the same for Blue Badge holders.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 10in) at Q-Park so if you have a vehicle above this height please contact the Trust’s Security Team on 0151 706 2228 to make alternative arrangements.
- A shuttle bus services runs between the Q-Park car park and the Royal and Dental Hospitals.
- The bus runs on request and car park staff can radio for one to arrive within a few minutes.
Outside Access (Hospital Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital, off Prescott Street.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- There is not a door release button when exiting.
- Standard manual wheelchairs are available for people to borrow at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 154cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 1.5cm or below.
- Alternatively, there are automatic revolving doors at this entrance.
Other Floors (Foyer)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- Escalator(s) can be used to access other floors.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator are G-1.
- The escalators steps are not clearly marked.
- The head and foot of the escalators are clearly marked.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the main hospital foyer.
- The lift is 5m (16ft 5in) from main hospital entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG-G-1-2-3-4-5.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 150cm x 115cm (4ft 11in x 3ft 9in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Outside Access (WHSmith Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the mezzanine.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is non slip.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located off the main hospital foyer on the ground floor.
- The nearest standard toilets are located off the main hospital foyer on the ground floor.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.