Show Easy Read
Location of Room(s)
- Teaching Computer Lab 2.36 is/are located on the second floor, accessible via lift from Doorway 4.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for Old Medical School please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- There is/are 6 medium (11cm-17cm) step(s) for access to the room(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and has/have handrails on both sides.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is some fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 68cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- The corridor steps to the room are overcome by a lift to the room located to the right within Room 2.35.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located within Room 2.35.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 2-2.36.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the lift lobby on all floors.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The lift is approximately 36m (39yd 1ft) from the entrance 4 lift.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 81cm (2ft 8in).
- The lift door is manual, light and opens outwards.
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 154cm (3ft 3in x 5ft 1in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- Photograph 3 shows the door to Room 2.35.