COVID-19 Information (University of Manchester)
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Manchester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Ardwick.
- Sutherland is located on the Victoria Park Campus.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 185cm (6ft) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading down to the doors.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 185cm (6ft).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the right inside the entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G - 3.
- The lift is 4m (4yd 14in) from accessible entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 95cm x 136cm (3ft x 4ft).
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to room G1.06.
- The accessible facilities are located along the first floor corridor.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- This is by lift.
- The room number viewed was 34.
- The width of the door to the room is 77cm (2ft).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 230cm x 450cm (7ft x 14ft).
- The bed is 37cm (14in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 50cm (19in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 166cm x 200cm (5ft x 6ft).
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is light.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 40cm (15in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 88cm (2ft).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is not a wheel in shower.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide any other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- The height of the desk is 73 cm.
- Vibrating pillows can be requested through the Disability Support Office.
- The accommodation in Sutherland has a common room equipped with chairs and a TV.
- There are shared kitchen facilities and the height of the worktop is 90 cm.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.