Show Easy Read
Location of Room(s)
- A2.7 is/are located on the second floor of Block A, to the left as you exit the lift.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Ellen Wilkinson Building please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the lecture theatre(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the lecture theatre(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is not step free access into the lecture theatre(s).
- There is/are 4 medium height (11cm - 17cm) step(s) for access to the lecture theatre(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and does/do not have handrails.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the lecture theatre(s).
- The door(s) for the lecture theatre(s) is/are push pad activated.
- There are not designated spaces for wheelchair users within the lecture theatre(s).
- There is space for an assistance dog.
- There is not step free access to the speaker's area at the front of the lecture theatre(s).
- There are 6 medium depth, well marked steps with handrails on the left on the way up the steps.
- The speaker's desk/table is height adjustable.
- There is staggered seating within the lecture theatre(s).
- The steps to the staggered seating do have handrails.
- The steps have handrails on the left going up.
- There is a hearing assistance system for the lecture theatre(s).
- There is a visual fire alarm beacon in the lecture theatre(s).
- There is fixed furniture within the lecture theatre(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 68cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the lecture theatre(s).
- The room does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- Floor coverings in the lecture theatre(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 145cm (3ft 3in x 4ft 9in).
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The lift overcomes the steps at the entrance of the lecture theatre.