COVID-19 Information (University of Manchester)
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Manchester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Levenshulme.
- Richmond Park is located on the Fallowfield campus.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 350cm x 460cm (11ft x 15ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 80m (87yd 19in) from the main accessible entrance.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 78cm (2ft) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the doors.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 78cm (2ft).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are the rooms on floors 1 - 3.
Accommodation (Flat 9 - Room 72)
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 170cm x 207cm (5ft 7in x 6ft 9in).
- The door opens outwards.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a sink.
- The height of the sink is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 123cm (4ft 0in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The type of shower controls used are twist/turn.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do not have level access.
- This room is two rooms which have been knocked into one.
- It is equipped with both manual and electric hoists and also a sling for the hoists.
- The room is equipped with a hospital bed which can be removed if a student wishes to bring their own bed.
- Access to the room and the common room is by way of a push pad system.
- The height of the desk is 71 cm and the height of the worktops in the common room are 89 cm.
- The photograph shows the shared kitchen facilities.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The photograph shows the tracking hoist in the bedroom.